The 3rd World BORDERPOL Congress will discuss and debate the latest challenges facing the border management and protection industry in Budapest, Hungary!
The wonderful city of Budapest, Hungary will play host to the 3rd World BORDERPOL Congress from 9th-11th December 2014.
The World BORDERPOL Congress will deliver its informative and constructive Closed Agency Only Workshops for border agencies and agencies at the borders.
For more details click here >>
OPENING KEYNOTE SESSION
Col dr Gizella Vas, Head of Hungarian Border Policing Unit, Hungarian National Police will deliver an opening keynote presentation at the 3rd World BORDERPOL Congress.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Early Bird Savings – book today and save with our Early Bird Savings
Click here for details >>>
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION RATES
BORDERPOL has arranged special rates for accommodation at the Kempinski Corvinus Hotel Budapest.
Book your accommodation by 9th October to guarantee your room at just Euro 129 pppn
Click here for details >>>
Border agencies and agencies at the border from around the world will convene for the annual international debate on securing our borders from cross border crime, illegal immigration, narcotics smuggling, human trafficking and other illicit activities.
Discussions also focus on how to enhance and improve the traveller experience, with improvements in the use of technologies, practices/procedures and information sharing.
LATEST SPEAKERS CONFIRMED:
Col dr Gizella Vas, Head of Hungarian Border Policing Unit, Hungarian National Police, Hungary
- Clarence Yeo, Commissioner, Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, Singapore
- Ralph Markert, Assistant Director, International Partnerships & Development, INTERPOL
- Dr. Ahmed Alzahrani, Project Manager, Ministry Of Interior, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- David Alania, Chief officer. Police captain. Border Patrol, Ministry of Internal Affair, Georgia
- Cephas Makunike, Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
- Ioan Buda, Director General, Romanian Border Police
- Director General of Immigration, Ministry of Law and Human Rights, Republic of Indonesia
- Mr. Muhamad Anil Shah Abdullah, Director for Police Services, Assistant Commissioner of Police, ASEANAPOL
- Ms Angiolelli-Mayer, Project Manager Passenger Facilitation, IATA, Switzerland
- Andrus Oovel, Head of the Border Security Programme and Chairman of International Advisory Board for Border Security, Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF), Switzerland
- Commodore Vasan Seshadri (ret’d), Head Strategy and Security Studies, Center for Asia Studies, India
- Ricardo Bn. Baretzky, President, European Centre for Information Policy & Security, Belgium
- Michael Diedring, Secretary General, European Council on Refugees and Exiles, Belgium
We invite you to Budapest, Hungary to join the largest gathering of border agencies and agencies at the border to discuss and debate how working and collaborating with international partners can improve border security for us all.
Thanks to everyone who attended the 2nd World BORDERPOL Congress, we hope you enjoyed it and had a great event!
London became the world centre for International Border Management as Border Force UK hosted the 2nd World BORDERPOL Congress at Central Hall Westminster, London on 3rd-4th December 2013.
38 countries from around the world were represented where international policy makers, practitioners and frontline decision makers are challenged, share and expand their knowledge of each other’s working practices, problems and solutions.
- 15 Heads of Service
- 10 Deputy Heads of Service
- 14 Heads of Departments
- 42 Agencies Represented
The World BORDERPOL Congress is the only multi-
jurisdictional transnational platform where the border protection, management and security industry policy-makers and practitioners convene annually to discuss the international challenges faced in protecting not only one’s own country’s borders, but those of neighbours and friends.
Enhancing collaboration in global border protection and management challenges
SAVE THE DATES
We look forward to welcoming you to Budapest, Hungaryin December 2014 for the next gathering of border and migration management professionals.